WordPress database error: [Table 'kmuk_db.wp_fblb' doesn't exist]
SELECT * FROM wp_fblb WHERE id = 1
Buckmore Park Kart Circuit – Wednesday 26th October 2016
Former F1 World Champion, John Surtees CBE is calling upon young British motorsport talent to enter the sixth annual Henry Surtees Challenge. The karting event which is now in its sixth year is taking place on Wednesday 26th October 2016 at the newly upgraded Buckmore Park Kart Circuit, in Chatham, Kent and is open to racers aged 15 years or over.
The Challenge, which has rapidly become an essential fixture on the racing calendar for motorsport talent, provides a unique opportunity to win a spectacular range of career enhancing prizes – considered to be the best prizes ever offered at a karting event.
The highly competitive event will see the drivers, some from karting and others who have made the transition to cars returning, battling it out, using the superb Club 100 Birel Karts. The top three drivers will be awarded the prestigious Henry ‘H’ trophy title. The drivers then, according to finishing order, get the choice of exclusive prizes that will greatly assist their racing preparation for the 2017 season. Prizes will also be awarded for fastest lap, the most unlucky driver and a heavyweight prize for 80kg or above. The first three will automatically be awarded the Puma race equipment listed below.
John Surtees said “the first Henry Surtees Challenge took place in 2010, and Buckmore Park seemed the natural venue to host it; It is the circuit where Henry first sat in a kart, at the age of 8, but also where he had gained success. Buckmore is renowned for being a challenging circuit and a superb training ground for future British World Champions. During its 52 years, the track has seen the likes of World Champions Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button hone their racing skills amongst many others”.
Further John added that “I understand the difficulty youngsters are faced with in motor sport; the Henry Surtees Challenge provides a big helping hand, by rewarding such talent with the rare opportunity to win career enhancing prizes such as test drives and experiences with professional race teams to equipment worth thousands of pounds”.
Last year Piers Prior won the event, and was invited by Manor MP Motorsport to take part in the official Formula Renault 2.0 Rookie test held at Jerez, Spain.
Piers said ‘The Henry Surtees Foundation has helped me so much over the past few years, giving me the opportunity to test in MSA formula and FR2.0 where I would not otherwise have had the chance. Also, allowing me to showcase my skills against some of the country’s best young drivers in the impeccable Club 100 karts at the HSF Challenge in front of the countries motorsport media’.
A full list of 2016 prizes will be announced shortly, but already confirmed is:-
- BRDC British Formula 3 test, donated by Hillspeed
- Formula Renault test on the continent donated by Manor Competition
- Renault Clio Cup half-day test donated by Renault
- A full kit of Puma race clothing – one suit, three pairs of gloves, two pairs of racing boots, one pair of running shoes and one pair of lifestyle shoes for the winner (in addition to their chosen prize), donated by Puma SE
- Two sets of gloves and underwear, one pair of racing shoes, one pair of running shoes and one pair lifestyle shoes for second place (in addition to their chosen prize), donated by Puma SE
- One set of gloves and underwear, one pair of racing shoes, one pair of running shoes and one pair of lifestyle shoes for third place (in addition to their chosen prize), donated by Puma SE
- A tour of the Red Bull racing facility in Milton Keynes for two people, with half day simulator experience and evaluation by an F1 race engineer
- An Arai GP-6S helmet in white finish, donated by Arai
- Full website package and online branding, plus a three month social media package, donated by 5G Creative
- A pair of custom-fit driver communication earpieces suitable for all racing formulas up to F1, supplied with a year’s support to ensure the wearer is fully equipped to hear vital communications for a full season of racing; A pair of custom-fit filtered noise plugs – to protect hearing; A complete hearing health check consisting of an ear examination using a video otoscope (see inside your own ears) and a comprehensive hearing test. Advice and information on protecting your hearing to assist with a motorsport career, donated by specialist in Formula 1 equipment, Hearing Electronics Limited
- A two hour training session at iZone Driver Performance, donated by Andy Priaulx
- A supply of Teng Tools to the value of £1,000, donated by Teng Tools
- £500 worth of Air travel to cover an overseas test donated by Travel Places
- A feature in Motor Sport Magazine
Fastest Lap: HSF Teamwear
Over 80kg: HSF Teamwear
Unluckiest Driver: HSF Teamwear
Cost of entry: £500
Entrants must be aged 15 years or over on or before 26th October 2016 and hold a current MSA or ACU licence or be a current Premier Sprint Class, Clubman Sprint Class member of Club100 or a Buckmore Park Elite Class driver.
To register your interest, please email: leonora@henrysurteesfoundation or you can enter via the website:www.henrysurteesfoundation.com
Images courtesy of Paul Babington