MSA Super One & British Championships for IAME Cadet & KZ1

WordPress database error: [Table 'kmuk_db.wp_fblb' doesn't exist]
SELECT * FROM wp_fblb WHERE id = 1

Super One MSA SeriesKiern Jewiss punched ahead of polesitter Jonny Edgar at the start of the first IAME Cadet final, the two putting space on their rivals for a few laps. Lewis Thompson set about towing his 3rd place battling group up to the leaders, thence shuffling Jewiss back to 3rd. Jewiss recovered to 2nd then on the last lap sliced underneath Thompson whilst Edgar was elbowed wide at the first hairpin, dropping to 5th as Joe Turney and Alex McDade took advantage of Thompson running wide. Jewiss was initially blamed but after an appeal to the stewards was re-instated to the win.

A red flag stopped the second final on the first lap and after the restart Jewiss and Edgar traded the lead until Tom Wood stormed up from 10th to displace both. A last lap re-shuffle at the first hairpin saw Edgar back to 2nd with Wood hanging on for the win despite lots of pressure. Jewiss was the big loser on the last lap and had to settle for a disappointing 9th.

An excellent start for Scott Allen in KZ1 had him fending off Richard Palmer throughout Final 1. Henry Easthope was hanging on for much of the way, dropping back a little at the end, whilst Ryan Sharp leapfrogged Dan Kelly for 4th. “The kart was easier to drive in the final after I made some adjustments, but the race seemed to go on forever,” said Allen.
Palmer had the jump on Allen at the start of the second final, and it took a few laps before Allen found a gap. Braking from 90mph into the first hairpin, Palmer locked up his brakes just slightly which was all Allen needed to arrow into the lead. When Jamie Garvie put pressure on Palmer, Allen could cruise home with Easthope in 4th.

In Junior TKM Final 1 Alex Forward was tapped going into turn two putting him wide and gifting Matthew Round-Garrido a bit of a gap. Dino Lee was quickly on his bumper to nip past at the chicane, then shuffled back in favour of Kyle Hornby leading over Arran Mills. As Mills fell to 4th, then hammered back to lead, Hornby displaced him once more. A gap appeared between Hornby and the huge 2nd place battle, led alternately by Matthew Graham and Mills.

In the second final Hornby was elbowed aside at the first hairpin and he fell to 4th as first Mills then Round-Garrido went ahead. Fisher also lost places as the top trio of Round-Garrido, Hornby and Mills traded the lead. Mills started defending early, allowing the next group to catch up and eventually Hornby found a gap with Round-Garrido 2nd. Although Simon Vercoe had led the pack away in the first TKM Extreme final, Tom Owen put him down to 3rd and traded the lead with James Ogden. Gradually Vercoe narrowed the gap and Ogden was left defending 3rd place from Joe Forsdyke.

“I thought I had screwed up at the start with an engine problem that messed me up for a few laps, then it took ages to get back to the front,” explained Vercoe. Yet again Vercoe fell from his initial 1st in the second final, but quickly recovered past Owen for 2nd only to fall back once more as an attempt on Ogden was rebuffed. Forsdyke’s lead was short lived, usurped by Paul Monks but Vercoe was clawing back the lost time. Monks had forged into the lead, Vercoe leapfrogged Forsdyke then took the lead at the chicane. Defending for the last two laps he earned a warning but survived for his second win over Owen, Monks and Forsdyke.

For the first KGP final Oliver Hodgson opened a massive lead and Bobby Game sliced down inside Mark Litchfield at the last hairpin for 2nd. It was short-lived as Litchfield took the place back which let Daniel Baybutt follow. Game struck back, Baybutt falling to 6th eventually clawing back to 4th. Hodgson took another lights to flag victory in Final 2, this time Game pipped Litchfield at the start, but only until the end of the second lap. Re-grouping, Game attacked again, re-taking 2nd until the last lap when Litchfield again found a small gap at the last hairpin for what would turn out to be the winning move. Hodgson’s engine port heights were found to be out of tolerance so he was excluded from the meeting, which puts him out of the championship.


IAME Cadet Final 1
1 Kiern Jewiss (Zip)
2 Joe Turney (Zip) +0.11s
3 Alex McDade (Zip) +0.23s
4 Lewis Thompson (Zip) +0.46s
5 Jonny Edgar (Synergy) +0.57

Final 2
1 Tom Wood (Zip)
2 Jonny Edgar (Synergy) +0.05s
3 Joe Turney (Zip) +1.56s
4 Alex McDade (Zip) +1.66s
5 Dexter Pastterson (Zip) +1.70s

KZ1 Final 1
1 Scott Allen (Jade/Vortex)
2 Richard Palmer (Tony/Vortex) +0.37s
3 Henry Easthope (Sodi/TM) +2.14s
4 Ryan Sharp (Tony/TM) +6.67s
5 Dan Kelly (Energy/TM) +7.07s

Final 2:
1 Scott Allen (Jade/Vortex)
2 Richard Palmer (Tony/Vortex) +0.38s
3 Jamie Garvie (Sodi/TM) +0.65s
4 Henry Easthope (Sodi/TM) +1.19s
5 Dan Kelly (Energy/TM) +5.16s

Junior TKM Final 1
1 Kyle Hornby (DSG)
2 Arran Mills (Tony) +0.14s
3 Matthew Round-Garrido (Tony) +3.01s
4 Cameron Fisher (Tony) +3.16s
5 Matthew Graham (Jade) +3.27s

Final 2
1 Kyle Hornby (DSG)
2 Matthew Round-Garrido (Tony) +0.07s
3 Anderson Chilcott (Jade) +0.22s
4 Arran Mills (Tony) +0.43s
5 Cameron Fisher (Tony) +0.61s

TKM Extreme Final 1
1 Simon Vercoe (Tal-Ko)
2 Tom Owen (Jade) +0.07s
3 James Ogden (Tony) +1.08s
4 Joe Forsdyke (Tal-Ko) +1.12s
5 Josh Waring (ARC) +3.86s

Final 2
1 Simon Vercoe (Tal-Ko)
2 Tom Owen (Jade) +0.06s
3 Paul Monks (Tony) +0.37s
4 Joe Forsdyke (Tal-Ko) +0.43s
5 James Ogden (Tony) +0.64s

Formula KGP Final 1
1 Mark Litchfield (Kosmic)
2 Bobby Game (Alonso) +1.43s
3 Daniel Baybutt (Jade) +2.7s
4 Matt Davies (Tony) +3.55s
5 Stephen Letts (Tony) +6.65s

Final 2
1 Mark Litchfield (Kosmic)
2 Bobby Game (Alonso) +0.13s
3 Dan Stocks (Tony) +7.66s
4 Matt Davies (Tony) +7.85s
5 Matt Gilliland (Alonso) +11.16s