CLUB100 Endurance – Round 7

WordPress database error: [Table 'kmuk_db.wp_fblb' doesn't exist]
SELECT * FROM wp_fblb WHERE id = 1

6th & 7th September, Glan-y-Gors

Round 7 of the Premier and Clubman, and Round 6 of the Inters and Rookie races


A surprisingly sunny but chilly, morning greeted the teams for Round 7 of the Premier championship. Battle resumed between the leading teams and it was JSS who grabbed pole. Tanked Up Racing were hoping for a good result in second with Es Car Go also looking menacing in third.

It wasn’t the cleanest of starts and the opening lap saw Pure Racing off the road and JSS and Tanked Up in trouble too. Ministry of Speed took charge at the front but not for long; the flying Alliance Racing diving through to take the lead and maintaining it right up to the first pit stop. However, JSS were

flying and a quick first stop saw them reclaim the lead. Alliance and Ministry were battling for second but they had Overdraft and Top Guns hot on their heels. Tanked Up’s day was ruined by a black flag which cost them a lap. Alliance Racing’s early race pace faded and they started slipping back. Es Car Go, on the other hand, were on a charge and soon moved up to challenge for a podium.

In the latter stages, JSS opened up a large gap to Ministry of Speed who were comfortably in second. The battle was on for third with Overdraft being caught by Es Car Go. However, a last lap tangle with Alliance saw Stuart Symonds in the wall and resulted in a penalty for Alliance. There were no such worries  for JSS and they cruised home for yet another win. Ministry kept

their title hopes alive with second and it was a well deserved and long overdue first premier podium for Overdraft.


Entran Enduro were stars of qualifying in the clubman race, setting the quickest time ahead of InkJet Racing. Titan Motorsport were third, Akita V2 fourth and Apteryx rounding out the top five.

Entran Enduro maintained their lead round the opening lap with InkJet right on their tail. A good start from Akita saw them third with a huge gap to Apteryx and Titan who were battling over fourth. Keen As Mustard were an early race casualty. Titan Motorsport soon got past Apteryx but the front three were in a class of their own and would be hard to catch. Things stayed largely unchanged at the front after the first round of fuel stops but during this second phase of the race, InkJet began to fall back and when they emerged from their second stop they had dropped to fourth behind Titan.

Now in third, Titan Motorsport were on a real charge and closing on Akita V2. They managed to nip past in the latter stages of the race but Entran Enduro were long gone by now. Behind the top three, CD30 were having a strong race and were running fourth. Akita MNR were also looking good and had got past InkJet who appeared to be struggling for pace. There were no such worries for the leaders and Entran Enduro crossed the line for victory and extended their lead in the championship. A great drive for Titan saw them second, four seconds clear of Akita V2.


REUNION claimed pole position in the intermediate class ahead of championship favourites Team DGB. Get Out were third with Slickspeed fourth and Apteryx Racing – having competed in the morning’s Clubman race – fifth.

The top five got round the first lap in grid order and all separated by barely a second. As they all dived into the pits during the

first 20 minutes at different times, the running order changed but when the stops had all played out, it was REUNION who retained their lead. Apteryx were now up to second with Slick speed third, Pixel Pirates fourth and, unusually, Team DGB behind them all having done something rather wrong in the pits. However, their speed is never in doubt and they were back up to second before half distance. REUNION had dropped back to third so Apteryx Racing had taken the lead but were being caught by the championship leaders by several tenths of a second per lap. Once past, they easily built up a gap. In fact Apteryx were really the only team able to stay on their pace. DGB ended up lapping everyone else on their way to win number four in 2014. Apteryx’s busy day came good as they secured second with Pixel Pirates coming home a fine third. And what of Get Out and REUNION? Well they both suffered problems in the second half of the race and dropped out of the decent points scoring positions.


Pole position for the rookie race went to GTA-Team. Hansen Oversteer joined them on the front row with 221 Racing and the Mufflers on row two. Once again it was good to see a large number of rookies competing, especially at such a far away race. In total, 28 teams lined up.

A poor start for the pole sitters saw Hansen Oversteer and 221 Racing both get past. By contrast for the new leaders, their sister team Hansen Understeer went off on the opening lap. As the teams dived into the pits during the first 20 minutes the differences in pit lane skill soon became evident. Once the first window closed, the running order was completely different. The Mufflers now led from Team G3Pro and Shake N Bake. 221 Racing had dropped to fourth, Hansen Oversteer fifth and GTA all the way down in seventh. 221 Racing were on a charge, however, and were in the lead as we approached half distance. Hansen were right on their tail and these two were some way in front of the Mufflers. The pit stops would prove to be the key in this race and it was Hansen Oversteer who made the best use of them to build a gap over the last half of the race. Once clear they built up a gap of half a lap to eventually win. 221 Racing lost out to the Mufflers and Team G3Pro and dropped to fourth over the last laps. Still, a second for the Mufflers, third for Team G3Pro and fourth for 221 means the championship battle is closer than ever.